Thread: Fantasy World Map

Post Fantasy World Map

Project Scope:
    This is for an animated television pilot I am planning on pitching sometime in the near future. Basically, there's an alternate chaos-filled dimension existing in parallel to the human world (akin to Wonderland, Land of Oz, the Upside Down).

Setting:
    Time doesn't exist in this realm but it's more of a medieval style world.

Design Concept:
    This would be a basic world map. It's mainly all one continent however it's very much all over the place. The demo version that I made can be found here, the names of the locations are all labeled however some places aren't represented (rose maze, giant tree, etc.). It should be very colorful; shrubbery isn't all green, there's blues/purples/pinks and mystical plants and such.

I have attached an image with the description of a few locations.

Some great examples of unique world maps that are similar would be the Map of Ooo (from Adventure Time) or the map of Equestria (from MLP)

Number of maps:
    One world overland map showing points of interest in the area.

Technical:
    Prefer PNG file.
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
    No deadline.

Payment:
    $100, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files.
    Full credit whenever map is used.

Contact
    Raheem Hasan
    heemhsn(at)gmail(dot)com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	124102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	124103

Hello, Raheem

I don't quite follow, you have made this beatiful map and want it to be redone? Or it is just reference for overall layout?
    And I think this work costs more than $100, more like $300-400

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vb.maps View Post
    Hello, Raheem

I don't quite follow, you have made this beatiful map and want it to be redone? Or it is just reference for overall layout?
    And I think this work costs more than $100, more like $300-400
    According to a quick search, the map is actually from here, done for a top-down, action-adventure game similar to Legend of Zelda: Link to the past.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.
    That's contradictory. You want it for a commercial project, and you want the rights to make commercial use of the map beyond that. That quite obviously means the copyright can't remain solely with the cartographer if you effectively make 90% use of it.

That's one of the reasons why this map is going to cost you at least $350, if not significantly more.^^

300 400 is too few for this map, this is a commercial licenced map , finely detailed, high res and most importantly professional quality , it would take several work hours to make dunno you but I think a 60- 90 hours if not more might be needed considering an average resolution , probably a 900 € would be more in line as a low starting base unless you find someone that is working in loss for a reason or another or is Supermanlike fast.
    Last edited by Naima; 07-28-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Yeah, 900 and more will be more appropriate, but there is no deadline, even a soft one, so you can stretch it on for 1 or 2 years and draw in free time, I guess.