Thread: Lunar Outpost - Marine Assault Maps

Default Lunar Outpost - Marine Assault Maps

So I've been creating a bunch of 3D illustrations to fill a Rules of Engagement: a Starfinder supplement for planetary combat between Colonial Marines, Military Vehicles, Fortifications and Starships. I finally got to the map portion of that project - a preset fortification combat encounter for the colonial marines, using the rules in the supplement, and a squad level mission for the Colonial Marines after the gates have been breached - kind of a one-shot at the end. I'm imagining an off-the-grid corporate, black ops laboratory and munitions factory has been operating on an abandoned mining site on a forgotten moon in the Cobalt star system. Bureau of Colonial Naval Intelligence has captured an image of the location and has passed it onto the Admiral of the Poseidon (Colonial Naval Special Operations Command carrier), and now onto the marine platoon sent to take care of the operation. Apparently some corporate labortory doing illegal research has been working with a known terrorist organization. A Colonial Marshall was sent to investigate - now he's activated a distress call - when the Colonial Marshalls cannot do their job, the Colonial Marines are called...

I'm creating a layered PDF of this map, with the 4 map layers shown below (image only, hex grid, BCNI report, GM's layer).

Map created using Wings 3D to model the structures and starships, then the landscape, textures, lighting and rendered image was done in Vue Creator, labels and grid in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engagement-outpost-map-grid.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	123395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engagement-outpost-map.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	123394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engagement-outpost-map-bcni.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	123396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engagement-outpost-map-gm.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	123397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lunar-fortress-scene.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	123406
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 06-14-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations