Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Etria

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really interesting shapes to the continents. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Thank you for the insight in the process! I think it’s awesome that a client adds references like Dürer and Doré! Their work is amazing but not generally connected with maps. I’ve the illustrated bible of Doré on my bookshelf and it is a delight to thunb trough the pages once in a while, will do that again but now with a different view.
    Always glad if I can help ! And... lucky you for having that Bible. I own myself the Fables de la Fontaine with Doré illustrations, and that's always an inspiration !

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Another jewel... Dark yet delightful, I love it !

Thanks for sharing this beauty, there's always so much to learn from your maps...
    Better late than never (I say this way too often I'm afraid...), thanks so much, Marc !

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Sorry for the thread necro but I've not been back in ages and only just seen this thread. Meh, I'm not that sorry, it may give newcomers to the site a chance to see something they may have missed.
    Anyway, I saw this map a few days ago on MB's DA page and was blown away. Fantastic map. I recognise the shape and the biomes etc. but otherwise this map is so far beyond what my own attempt was that it makes me embarrassed. Not joking. Magnificent map, Misty, as are all your pieces of art. You should be very proud and your client should be ecstatic.

One thing though (and the main reason for this thread necro)... you mention in the OP that the Lykarnia map was a big inspiration for you over 10 years ago... see, that's where you are wrong. I distinctly remember. It was about 3 years ago. No way it can be 10. Nope. Nuh-uh. I'm not having that. Wrong wrong wrong!
    Awww, I hate to think I can depress you in any way ! In any case, I think our styles can't be compared : there's a poesy in your maps I always envy
    But it sounds I made a mistake, as you kindly mentioned. I was, of course, talking about the 2010 we had 3 years ago, not about the one we had 10 years ago. Of course
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lykarnia_Ramah.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	127830 (Lykarnia by Ramah Palmer).

Quote Originally Posted by AriochIV View Post
    Really interesting shapes to the continents. Great work!
    Glad you love it ! The shapes weren't exactly by me, as I redrew a map already existing here

Guild Novice

Default Exquisite!

This map is so gorgeous! I especially love the fade from the warmer climes up into the arctic regions! Brendan

I could look at this map for hours.
    Beautifully done!

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLorber View Post
    This map is so gorgeous! I especially love the fade from the warmer climes up into the arctic regions! Brendan
    Aaah, I'm glad you enjoyed it, as it was something I especially worked on, trying to not have too strong borders for the biomes

Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    This is probably my favorite map you've made. Well, except for Middle Earth and Tamriel...
    Haha, thanks MapMage ! I'm afraid nothing can fight a Middle Earth map in the heart of fantasy lovers ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Lavia Frons View Post
    I could look at this map for hours.
    Beautifully done!
    Thanks so much, Lavia !! ^^

Question

This is just breathtaking masterpiece... hope you will dont mind when i will look at this time to time as an inspiration and drive to get better...

I have a question? can you tell me how much time did it take to finish this piece? Thanks

I love it - there's so much to find :3

Gorgeous! Your work is a huge inspiration to me. Out of curiosity, how much of the total work do you think the boarders/illustration percentage-wise?

My comment will be short : seeing this map makes me regret to have repped the lake map, it's out of this world !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    WOW, this has to be the coolest I've seen from you in a while! But you must've known already that I'd love these colours, yes?
    I... must say I was pretty sure you'll like the color scheme, yeah. No surprise, Kell, no suprise !

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Wow, another Misty Masterpiece! I think you've captured the feel of Ramah's work beautifully, and added your own unique style to it

Wingshaw
    Thanks so much, Wingshaw ! Glad to read you think it's a success ! It's never easy to redraw a map someone else created ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Can't rep you again so soon but another fantastic map!
    Kind words like yours are enough, Qed ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
    Amazing and inspiring work!!! Pretty good!!!
    Thanks so much, Brendo !!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    My gosh so beautiful! I never know what to say to you’re work... I’m speechless.
    Aww, thank you Kacey !! I heard everything !

Quote Originally Posted by Bretton View Post
    Your work always catches my eye, even before I notice its yours. I do so like your style...
    Thanks Bretton ! This is a wonderful compliment !!

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    This is amazing. I am literally jealous with envy of your skills.

Also, you may have won "most skulls on a Cartographer's Guild map", but I can't be certain.
    Haha, yeah, maybe ! I must say those little hungry guys were too fun to draw, and I couldn't stop adding more

Quote Originally Posted by Edward II of Kenland View Post
    Your maps are always an inspiration, and this one is no exception! I love all the little details, the illustrations, the boat, the serpent. You've done a wonderful job!
    Thanks Edward ! Details are my greatest pleasure on maps ^^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast