Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest of Rosarya

Guild Member Facebook Connected Brendo's Avatar

Map Forest of Rosarya

"Floresta de Rosarya" (Rosarya's Forest) is a forest located in far east of the Third World, also known as Andorian Empire. Is part of Kereato, the universe where me and my friends played RPG during the last eight years. Last month, we did a story contest, and the winner was Bruna, a friend that played with a Fairy Princess. As prize, I created this map for her, and increase a lot of characters in bottom margin. That map is part of "Guerra de Salestér" Map, that I did some couple of months ago.

There are two plant soldiers drawed in the sides of the bottom part, mr. Calendula and General Corn Cob, both part of Rosarya's army. The lateral frame was decorated with plants leafs, spikes and flowers. The river names references flower names and characters of the Forest, like Guardian Cernnos, Ériah and Calixto.

There are also hostile regions, such as Maldições (curses), regions of venous and carnivorous plants that protect the forest. The capital is the Great Sumaúma, one of my favorite Amazonian trees.

- Map made hand drawing, then I scanned and inserted background using Photoshop.

I feel a little frustrated because I don't know how to work with colors, I'm sure the map would be even more beautiful if I knew how to color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floresta de Rosarya pequeno 27.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	123438  

I really like this! Don't beat yourself up about coloring, this is an awesome style all on its own! Have you thought about importing this into a laser cutting program or getting it engraved? I think it would transfer very well engraved into wood!

This is a wonderful style! I love illustrative elements. I think if you can handle putting a parchment paper behind your linework you can handle color. Just don't make it too saturated please!

you could start with just one or two colored, maybe (desaturated) red or blue for some special things/highlights?

this is beautiful :3 I love the little figure elements down there hehe

With the coloring, you've made it look like it's a parchment map, or out of a very old book. Kinda gives it a fairy tale-type vibe.

Thank you for your suggestion, is an excelent ideia!!!

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try it!!!
    And I find it hard to equilibrate saturation hahaha

Thank you <3

Thank you Coggleton!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This looks really good! I feel the same way about color drawings, they are so difficult! I have found though that actually colored pencils work decently as a start, particularly if you have a good range of colors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast