Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sahwyn - mainland port of the Pearl City of Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    But you've made one big mistake: you've now set up an expectation that you're going to map all the islands of Ganador in this amount of detail No time to take a break, you've gotta get to the next part of the city!
    Seconded!

It came out fantastic. Amazingly detailed, vibrant colours and interesting layout. Can't wait to see the next one.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Such a beautifully detailed map! <3

I love how this turned out. Especially the shadows from the buildings give it a very 3-dimensional look.
    Also the colors, especially the detail of different colored roofs.

+the place indication on the worldmap (top-right) is an interesting idea, which I might consider using some day.

Keep up the great work \o/

Wow, that is one heck of a splendid city map! Love it!

And as others have said, now you need to keep this detail up for any upcoming city maps (and hopefully also the rest of this one) ....

If i can, I'll rep. ya!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

The colours are exceptionally eye catching, and the little details truly do complete the cityscape. Truly inspirational work.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Geez thanks guys, so happy you seem to like it!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Wow!!! This turned out truly magnificent, Caenwyr :O I love the map, and all the details you've include, but also your evocative description of the island

But you've made one big mistake: you've now set up an expectation that you're going to map all the islands of Ganador in this amount of detail No time to take a break, you've gotta get to the next part of the city!

Wingshaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Seconded!
    Oh noes! I knew I had done something wrong!

Seriously though, while I had a ton of fun, I don't think I'll start on another island of this city any time soon. Some parts drove me absolutely mad!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Wow!!! Love this city. All the colors, names & little details really bring it to life! I love browsing around the guild so much. Never know what new piece of awesomeness will pop up! Thanks for sharing!
    You're welcome SPS! And I fully agree: there's tons of gorgeous maps on this forum, and let's not forget about the community itself: probably the nicest bunch of online people you'll ever meet. No flame wars, no bickering, just appreciating each other's efforts. I love this place

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    It looks wonderful - really nice and vibrant colours.
    Thanks Larb!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It looks amazing Caenwyr!
    Geez thanks Kacey, glad you like what you see!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    The names are excellent! I think the Quarantine Halls are most appropriate at the moment! Always awe inspiring.
    Yes, I can't say I wasn't inspired by current events! Although the original concept of a quarantine can be traced back to Venice (a big inspiration for this map too) which had an entire island just for sailors coming from faraway places, where they would spend 40 (quaranta in Italian) days in isolation before being allowed into the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Caenwyr. I'm amazed at the level of detail. The dedication that this would take is immense! When zoomed in you literally can get lost in all the narrow streets. Great, great job!
    Thanks DD! I believe it takes a special kind of crazy to work all these little nonsense-details in, and I am happy to deliver

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You always drop blazing bombs in here. It's a wonderful piece Pieter !
    You, sir, are entirely too kind! As is well established here on the Guild! Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward II of Kenland View Post
    An absolute masterpiece! The details from the ship on the bottom to the docked boats and ships, the buildings, the streets, etc. are all just insane! Bravo!
    Well yes, it takes an insane person I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
    I loved it! So well done! We can see even the boat's floor! Congrats!
    Well sure! Why do it, if you can OVERdo it

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    It came out fantastic. Amazingly detailed, vibrant colours and interesting layout. Can't wait to see the next one.
    Well, the next one is almost finished already, but I made a pinky promise (as in: I signed a contract) not to share that particular one in full resolution, so you'll have to buy the game once it passes its kickstarter! Details will follow later. For now, I'm happy I managed to get this one out the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Olooriel View Post
    Such a beautifully detailed map! <3
    Thanks Olooriel!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I love how this turned out. Especially the shadows from the buildings give it a very 3-dimensional look.
    Also the colors, especially the detail of different colored roofs.

+the place indication on the worldmap (top-right) is an interesting idea, which I might consider using some day.

Keep up the great work \o/
    Hey Glenn, thanks a lot! I stole the idea of the minimap from someone else, can't remember who it was, but it does work great for situating the place in the bigger picture! Weirdly enough, by drawing it smaller in a smaller picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Wow, that is one heck of a splendid city map! Love it!

And as others have said, now you need to keep this detail up for any upcoming city maps (and hopefully also the rest of this one) ....

If i can, I'll rep. ya!
    I politely but firmly refuse

But thanks for the kind words Eilathen! That means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by UnstableGunEnthusiast View Post
    The colours are exceptionally eye catching, and the little details truly do complete the cityscape. Truly inspirational work.
    Well, I'm glad it's inspiring! I got a lot of inspiration from the plethora of magnificent maps when I began my own mapping adventure, so I'm happy to pay back a little bit.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

This is so well done and detailed that I was almost surprised by not seeing sailors, wanderers and other seagulls .
    A marvelous place & map, Pieter.

Always love the vibrant colour on your maps. This one is splendid part of a city. If you ever find strength to do more go for another chunk of Ganador
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

just discovering this now. it's gorgeous... so vibrant!
    .... are you going to do the rest of the city like that! ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast