Thread: June/July '20 Lite Challenge: Crazy Rivers!

Default June/July '20 Lite Challenge: Crazy Rivers!

June/July '20 Lite Challenge: Crazy Rivers!

This month's Challenge is a Very different one. Design a map with the Craziest, most Unconventional River System you can possibly imagine. You get a free pass to make the rivers go any way you want them to! No Rules, River Police be damned!!

You know this will be wicked fun!!

Win a silver compass, it will look great over your fireplace.

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of July, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "June/July '20 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

DEADLINE: End of day, July 14th

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished unless you start over from scratch.
    Last edited by Bogie; 06-19-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    You get a free pass to make the rivers go any way you want them to! No Rules, River Police be damned!!
    We're all doomed. DOOMED!

(This will be fun to watch! )

I think this is the river police setting up a sting operation.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    I think this is the river police setting up a sting operation.
    Are not! Nope, definitely not! Seriously, not at all.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

I prefer my home-made river police badge over this gods-damned abomination of a silver compass, celebrating horrible river violations! Aaargh!

This gives me an interesting idea to map a horror asylum some day, but I'm sure that's totally unrelated
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    This gives me an interesting idea to map a horror asylum some day, but I'm sure that's totally unrelated
    How about a horror asylum with rivers running in and out of the windows?

Well, that month went by fast!!! OK, 24 Hour Warning!!!
    I will lock up the posts and start the VOTING in approximately 24 hours from now!!!
    The exact time is not set in stone, it could be a little more or a little less!
    1 Day to Finish up!!