Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June/July '20 Lite Challenge: Troll Island

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    The mountains definitely add something. I have always been fascinated by the addition of the decorative artwork around the periphery of a map that shows the inhabitants of the depicted area. I've never been able to do much in that regard, but the techniques you showed here may have inspired me.

"Totally baked", perhaps?
    At least half baked. Yes, some very high end world building. Damn, now that could be a whole other forest...

The ironic part is that you actually could be inspired by this to do something halfway decent. I did use legitimate techniques for this, more or less. My roommate even came and sat down in the living room and simply observed as if I were doing my job. And then I was like "no... you have to come a little closer..." Corner icons are a worthy addition to several maps!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you Tiana, this is so much fun!

I read the thread title, "Troll Island," and clicked with one definition of the word in mind....the instant I saw your map I burst out laughing.

This is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I read the thread title, "Troll Island," and clicked with one definition of the word in mind....the instant I saw your map I burst out laughing.
    Trolling success!

Yes, I named it that fully aware of the double meaning and likelihood of this group of people to presume I intended the other kind of troll.

Thank you.

And thank you, Dimension Door. Brilliant is not how I would personally describe it... but thank you!

Small changes: it's not a Ti map if I don't make it purpler, so there's some purple now, and also, I added a couple of small extra features.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trololoisland.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	123572

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12