Thread: Ourrhaia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] Ourrhaia

It's been a while since I posted a WIP here – let me present to you the world of Ourrhaia, from the Ancient Greek οὐ and ῥεῖ, meaning “it doesn't flow” (or at least from a conlanger's point of view because I don't guarantee this is grammatically correct – I also altered the ending so it doesn't look like another unpleasant -rrhea ending word :D).

Indeed, this world is highly endorrheic for reasons which I will leave to your imagination to figure out – or better-versed people who can actually find good reasons for this to be possible.

That sounds like a lot of “I don't care why it looks like that, I just like it that way”, right? You're not wrong, but that doesn't mean I don't take advice – on the contrary: all critiques welcome as usual. :) This is the first time I actually go for a label-heavy atlas-looking kind of map.

I made the altitude layers by transforming someone's painting into a bitmap – it's posted and derived with permission. I didn't change the shape of the outcome, whence the idea for endorrheic basins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200605_195312.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	123510

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paintmap2.png 
Views:	355 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	123511
    Last edited by Eowyn Cwper; 06-19-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)