Thread: Ourrhaia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's a vector functionality. ^^ Here is how it looks in my Inkscape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inkscape bitmap.PNG 
Views:	86 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	123516

Here's an earlier WIP, just freshly bitmapped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original paintmap.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	123517

Thanks for your feedback. <3
    Last edited by Eowyn Cwper; 06-19-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

The result looks awesome! I love how the shape of the coastlines alone just ooze character, and the altitude layers give it added texture. Confession: I love maps with this sort of wildness to them, that make it look like it's just a smaller part of a much larger world, while huge and interesting in its own right (which is probably the case here as well, but still). I like that the general forms alone seem to tell a story.

Regarding the endorheic basins and such, I don't know what you had in mind for it within a larger world, if any. I, personally, try to use the little weirdness that creeps up on a map as a reason invent some strange new environmental effect, ecology or even the impact of sentient life, with it's own history. But that's firmly in world building territory.

An ancient cataclysm, perhaps? Maybe put a terrifyingly large but now dormant volcano somewhere within or near one (or more) of the inland seas? That could tell its own story by looking at the map alone (instead of having a separate backstory to explain it).

Great work!