Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen and Paper

Default Pen and Paper

Pens.

I have been using INC Optimus pens and love them. What pens does anyone else use Paper.

I use 92 bright 20lbs. White plain bulk copy paper. What paper do you use? I'd love to hear your responses.

Thanks

www.myloweslife.com
    Last edited by juilek; 06-20-2020 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling

my favorite is sakura pigma finetip pens on smooth bright white paper.

I could not find the right pens for coloring. I like watercolor with the black pens, have to find the right paper, though.

I have all sorts of pencils and stuff but always end up with pigmas or black uniballs.

@Levtrona I love hot pressed watercolor paper or at least one with minimal texture Hot pressed is very smooth :3 I love the possibility to color my maps which I don't always do ^^

I use Sakura Micron Pens 'cause of the watercolores I have a lot of ink, i could use, too. Had no chance to test them in map making yet.

I would like to explore alcohol markers in map making too some day...

thx for the info, neflite.

These sakure pens are the best.
    I would love to try these copic markers. I guess that is what you mean by alcohol markers. They are so damn expensive.
    Faber Castell has brush pens, they are very nice to use. I have to make up my mind what color set i would like. And then wait until september/oktober to find the time.

I've been using Sakura pens for about a year now and I love them. I've recently started using brush pens by Tombow. They bleed a little but I also use the bottom shelf cheapest graph paper that I could find in bulk. I may be working up to a better kind of paper and pen but I figure that I'm not limited by materials yet, only by my ability.

I will say that I have greyscale copics and they tend to bleed through on every paper I've tried thus far. Standard drawing paper, mixed media, and bristol board. I guess it doesn't matter if you only draw on one side, but it irks me personally. Speaking of bristol board. It's what I tend to use for my maps lately. It's nice and sturdy feeling and is great for ink at least.

When I am using analog tools I’ve become a big fan of Strathmore’s Toned Tan paper. I love the look it gives illustrations and maps.

- Josh

I use the Sakura pens, I find them the best for inking.

I suppose I'm the odd man out. I've been using prismacolor liner pens for a couple of years now, and I like the distribution of ink much more than the sakura's, which tend to pool ink a lot more, and have a tendency to bleed through paper much easier. The only up side to them as opposed to the prismacolors, is that they dry faster.

I have tried the Faber Castell PITT Artist Brush Pen. See exemple. The colors are very saturated. if a lot of layering is needed you would rather use a very thick paper. The black is not the nice pitch black of the sakuras. I like them to color smaller illustrations of line art.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robotc.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	124515

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast