Thread: June 2020 Challenge: Home: As Dreamed by Boris Bodrov

Default June 2020 Challenge: Home: As Dreamed by Boris Bodrov

Greeting friends.

I recently acquired a set of watercolor paints from Arteza, and being that the medium has always given me a dreamy vibe, I decided this challenge would be a lovely way to sail into this new horizon.

Boris Bodrov, current archmage of the Tower of Transmutation, hates his newly acquiesced position. A cogent man, he makes his plight of forced public service known to all who will listen, often bludgeoning acolytes who displease him with his teeming desires to live a simplex life free of their cloying needs.

"I just wanted to go fishing after initiation!!" he bellows from his office, on a tangent again, "but noooo, they just had to pull my name for Archmage, those bastards set me up! All I wanted was a cottage by the lake that I could tend my art and fish my life away, and they ruined everything!!"

'8 more years', he wonders as consciousness becomes a blur between realities, 'memnite protests, my Auzara-forsaken colleagues, and always with the Ubiquitary incursions, I'll go mad before then...'

Also gave me a chance to get a backstory for Boris, who my players are going to meet upon their return to Thaukov, City of Decadence. 3 birds with one stone!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200619_143611022.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	123515

Next update I'll have a scanned version, let me know your thoughts, I'd love to hear your take on my first trek in watercolors!

IR

PS. Can an admin add the June 2020 Challenge to the beginning of this post, I was afraid my phone was going to die during typing all that out, forgot to add it. Thanks!
    Last edited by ChickPea; 06-28-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Edited title & fixed Latest WIP tag