Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (WIP) Tamanak Plate Tectonics + Tectonics Questions

Guild Apprentice

In any case, I turned all this into a somewhat-decent-looking map! (plate boundaries are all on separate layers, so they should be easy to change) Here it is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamanak 1 mya tectonics.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	123865

I was lining up islands with subduction zones, but they don't quite look right to me. Should there be fewer/smaller islands there? Aside from that, any non-plate tectonics-related advice you would give about this map?
    Last edited by CTA; 07-09-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Not sure what magic you did, but I can see the attachments in your previous post now. If it's still useful, the most plausible is the third scenario (good illustration partway down the page here: https://www.le.ac.uk/gl/art/gl209/le.../lecture3.html). As an aside, the first scenario, with a small plate growing out of the center of the three big ones, looks a lot like the proposed birth of the Pacific plate from the Izanagi-Farallon-Phoenix triple junction.

Unfortunately, your latest attachment isn't visible for me, so maybe try whatever you did to the previous one?

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the info! Can you see the map now?

Guild Apprentice

Alright, second iteration done! I shifted around the plates and tried to eliminate as many transform boundaries as possible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamanak 1 mya FINAL.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	123893

Guild Apprentice

The Mocor-Rhandas A transform boundary is longer than I'd like, but it's shorter than it looks because it's near the south pole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12