Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The city of Tegath

Really nice.. I love the roofs with the extra windows on it. Would love to see the building from the side!

Great map! Cities are time consuming, very true .
    I love your (impressive) work on the tiles & stones on this one . The water effect is good from afar, I'd be curious to see how it looks when printed.
    I must also say I'm intrigued by the two (contradictory?) compasses.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, I hadn't even noticed that! I noticed both of them at one point, but never actively realized there were two
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Beautifully detailed city map!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Cool map, Jo ! You definitely nailed the colors here : they're just perfect !
    Please have some ice for your wrist after those cobblestones...!
    ^^
    Thanks Misty ! I'm glad you liked it... as I feel less confortable with colors on the Ipad than on PS... especially due to the use of brushes, that I find more difficult with Procreate

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Really nice.. I love the roofs with the extra windows on it. Would love to see the building from the side!
    Thanks a lot Dimension ! I can't imagine drawing a view from the side for this city... An absolute nightmare of roofs, windows... I believe some of the houses I draw are just architectural utopias !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! Cities are time consuming, very true .
    I love your (impressive) work on the tiles & stones on this one . The water effect is good from afar, I'd be curious to see how it looks when printed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Wow, I hadn't even noticed that! I noticed both of them at one point, but never actively realized there were two
    Thank both of you for your comment... and a special thank for noticing the two compasses...
    It's part of the worldbuilding : the story is supposed to be funny and absurd, with stupid characters, awkward moments, etc. (Monthy Python meets the lord of the ring, sort of...). So, in this world, many years before, after a huge battle, where magic was strongly used (too strongly), the magnetic pole shifted... And now, you have the new north and the old north... so, if you're giving direction to someone in this world, don't forget to mention if it's with the new cardinal points or the old... otherwise, there are a 50% chances of giving a wrond direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Beautifully detailed city map!!
    Thanks a lot, Bogie ! I'm glad you liked the details... because I can nevers say when it's time to stop drawing details, and then, sometimes, drawing becomes drawning...

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

I enjoy the details of the city, like the stairs down to 21 and 22 and water in some of the small crevices of the ditch surrounding the city, like leftover standing puddles. Some of the scaling could be fixed. For instance the wagon int he market at 17 is larger than most of the buildings in 21 and 20. But hey, this is a fictional map right?!
    So basically.... 'YOINK'.... it is now in my collection for use in a later adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    I enjoy the details of the city, like the stairs down to 21 and 22 and water in some of the small crevices of the ditch surrounding the city, like leftover standing puddles. Some of the scaling could be fixed. For instance the wagon int he market at 17 is larger than most of the buildings in 21 and 20. But hey, this is a fictional map right?!
    So basically.... 'YOINK'.... it is now in my collection for use in a later adventure.
    Thanks Bbenenett ! Good point ! I know I always have issue with scales in my maps... I think it's due partly because I'm lazy, and partly because I have sometimes a whole week between two drawing session, and I'm losing track of what I've done before. I definitely have to improve that part (amongst other) of my drawings !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12