Thread: The city of Tegath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Seriously JO, can't you make a half-assed map, just once? Do you have any idea how all these glorious pieces make us feel? Have some mercy

This is an awesome map though. So much detail, and so consistent! If I had to name something, then it's the fact that the brush used for the cliffs is much fatter than the one you used for everything else, which kinda pulls me out of it. But it still kinda works too, if I convince myself that these thicker strokes are actually shadowy cracks. So no big issue, just praise praise praise
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Seriously JO, can't you make a half-assed map, just once? Do you have any idea how all these glorious pieces make us feel? Have some mercy

This is an awesome map though. So much detail, and so consistent! If I had to name something, then it's the fact that the brush used for the cliffs is much fatter than the one you used for everything else, which kinda pulls me out of it. But it still kinda works too, if I convince myself that these thicker strokes are actually shadowy cracks. So no big issue, just praise praise praise
    Thanks so much for your kind words, Caenwyr ! Great praise for a map that I see so many flaws in. You're absolutely right about the brush I used on those cliffs... I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time. I'm trying to work on the relief, the mountains, and to use variable width brushes, but this is really not a happy choice. But like I said, I've spent so much time on this map, that I'm looking forward to moving on... I just need to keep this bad choice in mind for next time. Anyway, thank you for your compliments, they go straight to my heart and are a great encouragement to keep going and try to improve!