Thread: New Cartographer Incoming

Default New Cartographer Incoming

Hey everyone!

Figured I'd make my first post a short introduction about myself and everything, but I'm glad I've found a place to talk and share about maps and worldbuilding in general

I was born and raised in Brazil, but have been living in the USA for 10 years now, I'm professionally a 3D artist in the video game industry, but drawing, making maps, coming up with worlds, etc is a hobby I like to keep going on the sidelines

I'd say my drawing skills at average in comparison to what I do for a living? But I try at least haha

I freaking love dragons and mythical creatures, and writing/arting up worlds that are interesting and intricate, down to the detail. Just something rewarding to see the whole mechanism working together like a living breathing world

See yall around!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild,
    I'm professionally a 3D artist in the video game industry... I'd say my drawing skills at average in comparison to what I do for a living
    Your probably comparing your skills to a very high bar set by the artists in a video game environment. And in any case we have a lot of 3D maps here. So I am keen to see your work and especially some of your methods.

Oh definitely, but it just comes with the territory haha. And thanks! I'll share as I go

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Welcome to the guild,

Your probably comparing your skills to a very high bar set by the artists in a video game environment. And in any case we have a lot of 3D maps here. So I am keen to see your work and especially some of your methods.