Default A Map a Day

Day 1!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Gem Mines watermarked.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	123735

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

A map a day is an ambitious strategy. I know I can't draw that fast at least! This does look like a nice start though! The divide between the underground and overworld (?) is very clean and works well, something that I have found difficulty doing on my previous attempts!

Guild Apprentice

Thanks a lot Arimel! I’m using CC3+ So a lot of the tools are pretty useful. I’m using the Mike Schley style from the SS4 pack. There is a draw tool in that pack that automatically adds a hill contour by using the Blevel effect and then adds a brown glow to sort of make it feel lifted from the lower ground. I used a 2 black glows on the walls in the cavern to give the walls a sort of lifted feeling as well.

Guild Apprentice

Day 2!

Name:	Battle map 1 water marked.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	6.74 MB 
ID:	123742

Guild Apprentice

Don’t really know what’s going on with the 6 holes in the rock...

Guild Apprentice

DAY 3 I'm a bit confused on how to do lighting stuff with CC3+ but I will work on it. This dungeon was a bit inspired by "The Evil Within". The first one actually had some pretty good level design in my opinion. I used a slightly darker glow for lower parts of the dungeon and it ended up looking good.

Name:	the necromancers dungeon watermarked.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	123770

Guild Apprentice

Oh, yea... I tried to put little hints to where there might be a secret door. a little knob sticking out from under a wall, or smoke blowing in the direction of a secret passage, or a dead end at the end of a hallway. I tried to use more visual cues this way. thought it might be interesting.

If you are interested in buying an un-watermarked version, a blank floor plan version, or a description of how I might run the dungeon, hit me up.

Guild Apprentice

Day 4

I needed some battle maps for my game, so here's another. This is a Battle map made for a town. I was thinking within the next week. I could come back to this and do the inside of the buildings too. But we will see. some self critique:
    I didn't give myself enough space to work with again I wanted to do more with the shores. when trying to do a map a day it's hard to think ahead like that, but I want to get better at planning like that.
    I don't feel like the symbols matched the houses so it feels a little weird. I might want to use a different style of houses if I ever do something like this again.
    I like the roads, dirt paths that feel natural for a medevil town that was built to be lived in not necessarily planned. I added a mud contour to show where the path is most frequently traveled. possibly adding some muddy puddles in the middle and widening the path to show where people have started walking around an indent in the road might be interesting for next time.

Name:	town battle map.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	6.25 MB 
ID:	123779

peace,
    Ed

Guild Apprentice

DAY5
    hey guys here's my next battle map. I had to add a layer of water above the floors and below the floor to get the fishing hole. This one was pretty easy feel free to ask any questions.
    some self critique: there is a lot of empty space, and I think the cabin is too bright as it stands out. However, I do like the terrain potential with the snow mounds impeding movement, fog impeding sight and if you have creatures that can pop in and out it might make for a very interesting battle where the players are on the edge of their seats.

Name:	battle map winter.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	123810

Guild Apprentice

Name:	bookmark.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	5.13 MB 
ID:	123845

DAY7
    Got sick missed a day.

Made this bookmark in the last 3 hours. I used a parchment PNG that I got from iguy and AlexanderKM's aubers symbol set. Thanks for making these available guys! I really like this one I think it looks nice.
    Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast