Thread: Huion H610 pressure sensitivity problem in gimp 2.10

Default Huion H610 pressure sensitivity problem in gimp 2.10

Hi guys, I have a Huion H610. I installed the driver from the website and gimp 2.8, but had no pressure sensitivity in gimp. I uninstalled gimp 2.8 and installed 2.6, same thing. I got frustrated and gave up. After 4 years, i uninstalled the old drivers, installed the latest version (2017 update) from website. I replaced gimp 2.6 with 2.10. But things remain unchanged. I watched a couple of YouTube tutorials, but they made no difference. What more can i do?

Edit: These are the steps I followed:
    After installing the tablet driver and Gimp, I went to Edit>Preferences>Input Devices and clicked on Configure Extended Input Devices.
    I set the mode of the tablet eraser, pressure stylus and puck to Screen. The pressure of these devices/options I set to max (5 for eraser and pressure stylus, 4 for puck in Gimp 2.10).
    For each device (eraser, pressure stylus, puck) I set curve type to Freehand.
    I saved, closed the windows and restarted Gimp.
    Then I selected pencil/pen if it wasn't selected. Set the dynamics to Pressure Opacity or Pressure Size and drew with increasing and decreasing pressure on a blank canvas. It showed pressure sensitivity.

I tested pressure sensitivity in the tablet setup window of the driver and it works perfectly fine there.

I don't know what else I can do. All the videos on YouTube say exactly the same thing. I followed all of the instructions. I waited four years for a driver update which clearly didn't work. One tutorial even suggested working in Gimp with the pen only so that Gimp could pick it up. Did that. Made no difference.

Do you have any other advice?
    Last edited by KaiAeon; 07-04-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    View my website and Instagram