Thread: Fragged Empire 2nd Edition - Star Map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Wade Dyer's Avatar

Map Fragged Empire 2nd Edition - Star Map

G'day all.

Hi all, just wanted to share a map that I've been working on for a new book (and am rather proud of Drawing sci-fi maps is super hard!!
    This is still a WIP map as things will change as I flesh out the setting. But it will give me enough of a starting point to work on my next 3 system maps.

-------------
    Fragged Empire RPG.

Yeah, sci-fi maps are pretty hard. Good luck fleshing the rest out, cool concept.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I'm really loving your style and choice of colours! Looking forward to seeing you continue with it!

Here is my first attempt at a system map for the same project.

The planets are maybe more 'comic book' in style than I would have liked, but the advantage of this style is that it will allow me to create more of these maps at a faster rate and it also allows easier edits (ie: as I write up the lore I will want to change things on the maps).

-------------
    Fragged Empire RPG.

I like this a lot, I always had an infatuation with space, planets, and the universe in general when I was growing up.

The layout is so easy to read, but my only concern is the size of "Esh". Unless that star is getting ready to expand into a red giant, I don't know that the star could be that small and still provide a "Goldilocks zone" for what looks to be an Earth-like planet (Mishpacha). It would look more natural to enlarge and set it back off the left side to give the impression of a larger size.

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I like this a lot, I always had an infatuation with space, planets, and the universe in general when I was growing up.

The layout is so easy to read, but my only concern is the size of "Esh". Unless that star is getting ready to expand into a red giant, I don't know that the star could be that small and still provide a "Goldilocks zone" for what looks to be an Earth-like planet (Mishpacha). It would look more natural to enlarge and set it back off the left side to give the impression of a larger size.

IR
    Star maps never work if you attempt to convey true size differences, as some planets would be just a dot. For this map I've just tried to give a hint at the size differences.
    -------------
    Fragged Empire RPG.