Thread: Fragged Empire 2nd Edition - Star Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like this a lot, I always had an infatuation with space, planets, and the universe in general when I was growing up.

The layout is so easy to read, but my only concern is the size of "Esh". Unless that star is getting ready to expand into a red giant, I don't know that the star could be that small and still provide a "Goldilocks zone" for what looks to be an Earth-like planet (Mishpacha). It would look more natural to enlarge and set it back off the left side to give the impression of a larger size.

IR

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Wade Dyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I like this a lot, I always had an infatuation with space, planets, and the universe in general when I was growing up.

The layout is so easy to read, but my only concern is the size of "Esh". Unless that star is getting ready to expand into a red giant, I don't know that the star could be that small and still provide a "Goldilocks zone" for what looks to be an Earth-like planet (Mishpacha). It would look more natural to enlarge and set it back off the left side to give the impression of a larger size.

IR
    Star maps never work if you attempt to convey true size differences, as some planets would be just a dot. For this map I've just tried to give a hint at the size differences.
    -------------
    Fragged Empire RPG.