Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***July 2020 Challenge - Map a Faerie Tale

Default ***July 2020 Challenge - Map a Faerie Tale

This month we are crossing over into the Feywild. Others have journeyed there before and brought back wondrous tales, not least among them being the Brothers Grimm, George MacDonald and Neil Gaiman. However now it is your time to take a turn about the fairy ring. Bring your pens and compass, your parchment and tablets, and capture if you can a scene from this enchanted realm. Chart the unchartable, map the fantastical.

The challenge shall end sometime at or around midnight of the 31st of this month. And as always:

1) Title your thread: July 2020 Challenge: <<your title would go here>>
    2) Use the ### Latest WIP ### tag before EVERY work-in-progress image you post so that the image will show up in the thumbnails;
    3) Only submit maps begun on or after today (July 7th), maps started earlier than this are ineligible for the contest.

This is going to be a lot of fun! Quite interested to see imaginations run (fey)wild on this one. Bu da tis.

IR

This looks great! With the recent release of PF2 Bestiary and the dozens of fey introduced I can think of some awesome situation that could be fleshed out!

I've decided to dive in, and I hope others will join me very soon!

I hope my story is suitable. I've gone for The Emperor's New Clothes (I can explain!) I mean, it is a fairy story, but it just doesn't have any fairies or witches or whatever. Hope that's OK!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I really really want to join this challenge! I love fairy tales!!! I don't think I'm going to find the time, but I'll try to think of something...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I hope you can find the time, Wingshaw. Maybe something small and simple? It would be great to see a new map from you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I don't think I should join this because I have so many things going right now.
    But the theme is so, so good, omg!

I think I'll try to map the Voyage of Maél Dúin. It's not exactly a fairy tale, but it's super magical and definetly a cartography fuel. Is that ok?

It's a wonderful theme, sadly I'm already late to the party and I'm not willing to rush an half-baked map about something I thoroughly enjoy...

Should I give it a try anyway ? Huge dilemma...
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Man, I need to try to find some time and try something. Even if it doesn't get done.
    This is a good challenge. I'm surprised we have so few entries.
    Now I know what I need to do this evening... and this weekend... hmm

J.Edward;422009. I'm surprised we have so few entries.
    I wish I'd be into this challenge, an excellent theme. But I'm lacking inspiration, an am busy with so many other projects. Hope I'll be posting them sometime in the near future.
    So my best wishes and strong encouragement to the partakers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast