Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Undergrounds of the City of Tegath

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Map The Undergrounds of the City of Tegath

Hello everyone!

As promised, I show you here the map of the undergrounds of Tegath (the city whose map I published a few days ago).

The idea is that this city is built on an old delta of a river (which flows into a lake). But only the main branch of the river is visible. There is another one which is partly open air, but all the others are underground, and partly dry.

These undergrounds have thus given rise to the birth of a society parallel to the one on the surface, where power resides mostly in the hands of the guild of assassins and where different elements of the surface are found: a market, a port, an inn, a (small) palace, an arena. There is even a prison fortress...

Wealthy families have also taken advantage of the existence of these underground passages to create secret entrances and exits. Even the Dukes, the leaders of the city, organized secret passages to their fortress, or to the outside of the city. As these underground passages are ancient river arms, they often lead to the lake, which is very convenient for everyone.

The lines and colors were made on the Ipad Pro, with Procreate. The light effects and labels were done on PS.

Don't hesitate to leave your critics and comments, it's always appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tegath souterrain.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	9.57 MB 
ID:	123827

That is so cool. I've always wanted to do the same thing with city maps. I just love how you solved the problems involved with such a map.

Guild Journeyer

Nice idea!

For having such an underground city, you must have some height (you have put some buildings that are at least 1,5 man high due to the roof seen undergroud). So between 1 and the "lake" in front of 20, you are at least 3 meters below the entrance of the inner river). As I see it, it could be interresting having a sectionnal view of the underground, for seeing this.
    Another solution to this remark is that the bank of the river are very high (5/6 meters at least, maybe more).

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

Nice conceptual piece on the underground city. Looks great! Thank you for sharing your skill.

Oh wow. This city is getting better and better.

Can't rep you again so soon but nice map!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    That is so cool. I've always wanted to do the same thing with city maps. I just love how you solved the problems involved with such a map.
    Thanks Falconius ! I'm glad you liked it. I don't know which problem you are reffering to... basically, I just draw and don't think too much... (even if I know I should think more... )

Quote Originally Posted by Bindusara View Post
    Nice idea!

For having such an underground city, you must have some height (you have put some buildings that are at least 1,5 man high due to the roof seen undergroud). So between 1 and the "lake" in front of 20, you are at least 3 meters below the entrance of the inner river). As I see it, it could be interresting having a sectionnal view of the underground, for seeing this.
    Another solution to this remark is that the bank of the river are very high (5/6 meters at least, maybe more).
    Thanks a lot, Bindusara ! It's a very good point ! I know lot of this map makes no sense : castle underground, houses... so I should have drawn some waterfall, or, at least, shown stronger current for the underground rivers to show the difference of level. I stand corrected and thanks again for your sharp eye !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    Nice conceptual piece on the underground city. Looks great! Thank you for sharing your skill.
    Thanks Bbennett ! I'm glad you liked it !

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Oh wow. This city is getting better and better.
    Thanks Dimension ! I don't think I'm gonna take this city further (map regarding)... it took so long to draw, that my wife had almost already finished writing this part of the story...
    I try to keep up, so now I'm drawing a castle a little further down the road !

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Can't rep you again so soon but nice map!
    Thanks a lot QED42 ! I appreciate your kind words ! No problem for the REP, I know what you mean ! I'm always short of it too...

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks Falconius ! I'm glad you liked it. I don't know which problem you are reffering to... basically, I just draw and don't think too much... (even if I know I should think more... )
    One of the main problems to overcome is how the underground map relates specifically to the overland map. Another is showing the height shifts in the underground and again how they relate to the height shifts on the overland map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast