Thread: The Eter Empire (Commission piece)

Default The Eter Empire (Commission piece)

A recent commission piece. This map was hand drawn over 4 pieces of paper and then digitally colored. This was the first time I tried any sort of full color, and the effect came out well. I will probably continue experimenting with color in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COLOR Eter 2000.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	6.77 MB 
ID:	124749
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I love the art, and the rivers look great (no need for the River Police ). The only thing I'd point out that could use some improvement are the transitions between the different zones - the color divisions are jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I love the art, and the rivers look great (no need for the River Police ). The only thing I'd point out that could use some improvement are the transitions between the different zones - the color divisions are jarring.
    I would agree! This is actually my first foray into color! I provided the client with the regular old parchment version (only had some muted colors for map markers and forests) then got... carried away experimenting. What sort of technique would you recommend for the transition zone?
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

If you're using Photoshop, try experimenting with gaussian blur filter around those edges - it can really blend colors/transition them well. I believe GIMP has a similar tool.

If you hand-colored that, then that goes beyond my skill-set, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Diamond; 09-07-2020 at 01:02 PM.