Thread: LANDS OF MARGONIA [Finished regional]

Map LANDS OF MARGONIA [Finished regional]

Hi friends.

I just finished this map, it has no special lore or history behind, Its just a exercise trying to improve my style. But while I was working on it I grew fond of its soft coasts, its clear mountains, and its meandering rivers. I think it could be a great place to build a story. I would love to hear your proposals for the lore or tips to improve. Thanks in advance.

What would you add or what would you change?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Margonia-map-4961x3508-100.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	6.01 MB 
ID:	123850
    Last edited by Bereloth; 07-09-2020 at 04:19 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really nice! I like the colors and the way the mountains and forests look. The marshy area in the top right is also really well portrayed. The only thing I would possibly change are the country/state borders (the red dots). To me it would make more sense for them to follow some of the more 'concrete' features like the rivers or mountain ranges a little more closely. While this would not always be the case, it would make more sense than a random line because the people of the world would have a more physical boundary to measure the border on. Just my two cents though! The map really does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really nice! I like the colors and the way the mountains and forests look. The marshy area in the top right is also really well portrayed. The only thing I would possibly change are the country/state borders (the red dots). To me it would make more sense for them to follow some of the more 'concrete' features like the rivers or mountain ranges a little more closely. While this would not always be the case, it would make more sense than a random line because the people of the world would have a more physical boundary to measure the border on. Just my two cents though! The map really does look good.
    Thank you very much, I highly appreciate the constructive criticism. You are right, I usually make the borders at the end when I am tired, they deserve that I pay a little more attention and detail. I'll keep that in mind for the next map.