Thread: STORVELDI - RPG Commission

Default STORVELDI - RPG Commission

This is now the record-holder for largest map I've drawn--at 2' x 3'! Not sure how much detail will come across in the compressed version. The client had quite a busy world, and requested me to sprinkle some surprise elements throughout it for his group to discover. Adding just a bit of color to the border was a new stylistic request for me, to represent the world's nations and their crests; I hope it came out okay! The pale blue lines represent magical ley lines, and the upper corners depict various races found within the world. All in all, a very fun project to work on, but I'll need some decompression time to rest my wrists before beginning my next commissions, ha!

Drawn in Procreate and Photoshop. Because the canvas was too large for Procreate to handle, I worked on it in two halves and finished the whole thing in Photoshop. My kingdom for a more powerful iPad!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maiers-Map-for-web.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	123858

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

I think this is a very nice map, very clean lines, and legible. The border is quote nice too! I run into the same problem in Procreate but haven't used you're novel solution, i'll have to do that next time:-)

Are you going full color or leaving it mostly B/W?

A small criticism if you'd allow me. While I like the simplified and stylized figures in the top left, I'm not as keen on the character art on the right. It feels like a different simplified style (anime-ish) and doesn't fit the map aesthetic, at least for me. Could you try different poses or perhaps look at some different inspiration for the style (Greek vase work, roman reliefs, or Victorian costume illustration, etc).

Just my 2 cents, good work here :-)