I haven't made a map in a looooong time. I just haven't been in the headspace for it with everything that's going on in the world. I've probably started a dozen or more over the last year, and abandoned them all.

I happened to read this Twitter thread earlier this month (for context, he's a UK lawyer/political commentator, so approaches his analysis from that perspective). Very soon after, Arsheesh posted the July challenge. The story seemed to lodge in my mind so I decided I'd have to try and make a map for the challenge, basically a regular city map with a few choice locations marked, plus a parade route.

I knew there wasn't a chance in hell I'd manage a full city map before the end of the month (plus I'm going on holiday for a week in a few days), so I hit up this city generator to start me off. I know this is a bit of a cheat but, in my defence, I have done quite a bit to it, and to be honest, I'm just happy that I've managed to stick with it this time, and get this far already.

I have a cunning plan for the bottom bit. I'm either going to do a pic of a parade, or maybe a few individual frames with illustrations relevant to the story. I'm not sure my skills are up to drawing a parade. I'm pretty sure they're not, but I'll see what I can manage. My backup plan is, that if I run out of time or realise that I'm hopelessly out my depth, I'll just chop off the bottom bit and forget the illustrations, and go with the city map only. I hope not to do that but... always have a backup plan!

For the record, I promise my map will be entirely safe for work?!

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caesar1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	7.33 MB 
ID:	123912