Thread: A New Adventure

Wip A New Adventure

I'm excited to jump into developing some skill sets for cartography by use of my minimal existing background in photoshop. I am an architect by education/trade and have learned just enough to be dangerous per se for design presentations, but have never really dug into the power that photoshop holds.

I've dug into a few of the threads and see an amazing level of talent spread across so many styles, so it will be great to learn some new tricks in an effort to bring some fantasy mapping to light.

Here is my current WIP - an island chain known as the Wesheap Isles in the Northern latitudes of The Known Realms of Pieria. I have a lot to learn and look forward to getting plugged in here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wesheap-Isles-WIP.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	125691

Oh, nice! I think you're off to a fantastic start. Photoshop is indeed a powerhouse of potential. Even if you have a working knowledge (and the map you posted certainly suggests as much) of how to use it, I still recommend taking a look at some of the tutorials we have available and working your way through some of them. They will most likely give you some insight and tips into how to use some of the software's features specifally for map-making.

In any case, welcome to the Guild! Allow me be the first to rep you for that very promising map you've posted! I look forward to seeing more from you. Glad to have you along. Need anything, just say the word.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

hello and welcome! looking forward to seeing more of your maps

Post Color me 'Impressed'

I am very new here, and have been blessed to see artists and graphic designers here. You are doing a great job,with a valuable servide. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

MapMom

Quote Originally Posted by jdreece View Post
    I'm excited to jump into developing some skill sets for cartography by use of my minimal existing background in photoshop. I am an architect by education/trade and have learned just enough to be dangerous per se for design presentations, but have never really dug into the power that photoshop holds.

I've dug into a few of the threads and see an amazing level of talent spread across so many styles, so it will be great to learn some new tricks in an effort to bring some fantasy mapping to light.

Here is my current WIP - an island chain known as the Wesheap Isles in the Northern latitudes of The Known Realms of Pieria. I have a lot to learn and look forward to getting plugged in here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wesheap-Isles-WIP.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	125691

Looks like a great start!

Default Nicely done

Learning the techniques takes time and effort but is well worth it