Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - Custom Neverwinter Region

This map is shaping up nicely Sid. Great to see you take all those steps with improvements specially on small things like the river’s flow and the base of the mountains.

The only bits of feedback I can give is blending the mountains a little more into the surrounding grasslands and adding some shading to the mountain on the top right of your map to make it look less flat (like you did on all your other mountains).

Keep it up!

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    This map is shaping up nicely Sid. Great to see you take all those steps with improvements specially on small things like the river’s flow and the base of the mountains.

The only bits of feedback I can give is blending the mountains a little more into the surrounding grasslands and adding some shading to the mountain on the top right of your map to make it look less flat (like you did on all your other mountains).

Keep it up!
    Thanks Marc! Great feedback. I added a spine to that big mountain to make it more 3 dimensional, and deepened the shading. Still struggling with getting a nice blend of stone color from the mountain into the grass land. Working with some lower opacity layer and grunge brushes.

I put texture into the landscape, I pushed some of the smaller forests out to cover edges of the mountains. I'll work some on the ocean as well.

Here is the latest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nvrwinter Region Draft 6.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	124516

(Side Rant about PS and Wacom issues:
    I had a mother effer of a problem with my pen pressure sensitivity on my Cintiq Pro 16. The latest PS update took away an easy fix, and so I spent a bunch of time reinstalling an older version, but in the end could not get that old fix to work. So now I have been using "Use Window Ink" option on the wacom tablet properties, and it is really buggy. Very frustrating because everything was really dialed in previously.)

More labels, better ocean, some edits, and tweaks, and a much better border (I think!)

Name:	Nvrwinter Region Draft 7.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	124537

I am having some issues getting the text to all be similar, but some areas of the map need more outer glow than others. I wish they all looked like the Sutstone Mountain, but even using the same effect settings, I get a different look for some reason.

Well, I definitely feel like I'm getting better at this. I am going to keep the final file around to tweak, but I am going to call this one done. I am interested in taking these skills further. My next map will look at better, isometric forests, improved shade work, and detail. Thanks for everyone's input.

Name:	RF Chronicles Map.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	124653

"Righeous Force" is the name the players in my group gave their party. I will tell you this, they are anything BUT 'righteous' but that is a tale for another time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12