Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2020 Challenge: Realm of Champie

Default July 2020 Challenge: Realm of Champie

Well, well.
    As often, it started accidentally, a few days ago, while making searches for a commission I'm working on. In desperate need for inspiration, I did what I often do in such a situation and randomly started drawing mushrooms.
    I have a long past with drawing 'shrooms. 100% normal 'shrooms. Don't as why, I have no idea.
    So... late in the evening, unable to find the good idea for my project, I ended with some random 'shrooms and uh... I don't know what happened. Mountains. Forests. And a growing story about this fairy looking for a shelter during a storm, finding the humblest mushroom in the forest, using it as her house, touching it with magic, making it grow, and her with it, until it became as tall as a rock, as tall as a tree, as tall as a mountain, and even bigger now. Those kind of things happen. I assume I had the challenge somewhere in my mind. I assume a map needed to be drawn. I assume I really needed to draw something for myself after working that hard at mapping other's worlds.
    I was firstly reluctant to post it... Because it's stupid to add more work to such a dense schedule. Because Marc Moureau posted such a wonderful 'shroom map not so long ago. Because it's late in the month... But... how could I let this poor challenge with just two entries ? No way ! So please enjoy the lovely Realm of Champie, where all kind of fairytales are true ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Champie_WIP01_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	412.3 KB 
ID:	124022

Oooh, I am liking this one already.
    I know what you mean about no time... but also needing to do your own things.
    I am always glad to see it when you do.

I think you have nudged me to try to do something to join in here.
    Probably won't get done, but sometimes the challenge is finding time to do a fun thing.

I couldn't be more charmed, such a cute story of perseverance. I've always been a fan of giant mushrooms, such as from Zangermarsh in WoW, for example, and you sure do them justice.

Glad to see another entry, albeit later in the challenge, it's a lovely jaunt into your imagination, Beee!

IR

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Oooh, I am liking this one already.
    I know what you mean about no time... but also needing to do your own things.
    I am always glad to see it when you do.

I think you have nudged me to try to do something to join in here.
    Probably won't get done, but sometimes the challenge is finding time to do a fun thing.
    I don't want to push you, knowing how hard you're working, J., but of course it would be a pleasure to see something from you !
    This 'little' one started as a 7x7cm study, but uh... turned crazy, as often ! ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I couldn't be more charmed, such a cute story of perseverance. I've always been a fan of giant mushrooms, such as from Zangermarsh in WoW, for example, and you sure do them justice.

Glad to see another entry, albeit later in the challenge, it's a lovely jaunt into your imagination, Beee!

IR
    Thanks so much, Adfor ! There's always something magical with mushrooms. Maybe because of how they pop so fast, and disappear so quickly as well. Maybe because of the fairy rings. Anyway, I endorse the idea there's never enough 'shrooms in fantasy

=
    A little more here, with text and bottom banner. I thought I was done with the lineart, but as I was about to close my Photoshop yesterday evening, and instead of just moving the whole piece to balance its position in the page, my pen started drawing more to fill the blank, so I assume I'll have another lineart preview soon. Tsss. Not reasonable. Not at all.
    Horror Vacui, dear fellows.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Champie_WIP02_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	467.9 KB 
ID:	124042

Hehe, Horror Vacui - the struggle is real. I know.
    I like that shroom crown.
    I have something started but, of course, it is ridiculous, so unlikely to be finished in time.
    But, we shall see. Maybe I can post it tonight.

A typically gorgeous and insanely detailed map from Misty? Who would have expected that?

Looks great as usual, buuuuut....

It kinda looks like a bearskin rug.... Hehehe.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Hehe, Horror Vacui - the struggle is real. I know.
    I like that shroom crown.
    I have something started but, of course, it is ridiculous, so unlikely to be finished in time.
    But, we shall see. Maybe I can post it tonight.
    And... so you did it ! This very tiiiiny little mappy thing you started will just take... what... 2 hours to be done ? Uh ?
    Hehe, the 'shroom crown just popped on its own. A fleur-de-lys would have been very weird here ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    A typically gorgeous and insanely detailed map from Misty? Who would have expected that?

Looks great as usual, buuuuut....

It kinda looks like a bearskin rug.... Hehehe.
    Haha, thanks Wolfe ! Fun fact, I used to have a fake plushie bear skin in my childhood bedroom, and it's where I used to sit down while reading fairytales, so I assume it's totally appropriate here
    But let's see if we can change that in this new preview, uh ?

=

Turning the map into a real fairytale. And now... I have to fill this empty space in the top part, right ?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Champie_WIP03_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	124051

^^

So much detail and great art, loving this one so far!

And we have a winner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast