Thread: First Map Asset Evar!

Default First Map Asset Evar!

Ok, getting into Cartography is super intimidating. Right now, I'm using Inkarnate. The program has some pretty cool functionality and assets and is simple enough but I've seen some super advanced maps made with the program. I like it. Any way, I saw that I can import my own custom assets. So, right now I want to make a mushroom city for my D&D world. I was surprised that I couldn't find mushroom building assets. So I set out to make my own. I just completed the first mushroom building using various picutres of mushrooms and my handy gimp program. You're looking at the tavern called The Veiled Capper:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.10.57 PM.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	910.4 KB 
ID:	124067

I saved it as a PNG with the transparent alpha layer and uploaded it into Inkarnate, It looks rad. Here's the wee building in all its glory!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Veiled Capper.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	425.1 KB 
ID:	124068

I wanted to post it here to celebrate with all you wonderful map makers. Any tips or advice is much appreciated. Thanks for having me!

It looks great, the fact that it's a tavern is a nice touch. Interested to see this mushroom city you speak of.

IR

Very Cool Fathom!

I approve of mushroom houses.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.