Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The town of Thammeh (personal project)

Default The town of Thammeh (personal project)

Hi guild,

This may be second to last city/town map I do this year. They are quite exhausting to me.
    I promised to myself to do one more Guild city district this year, so i have save the energy for that.

With this project i wanted to add a side view with tunnels to the map, so it can serve as an additional place for exploration.
    I like the end result. What do you think?

Cheers
    Rafał

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thammeh_CG.jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	124108
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Wow! That really nice!

Pedantic MODE ON:
    If i really have to say something, i could argue that from the waves that seems to clash on the rocks and the shadow of the rock itself (too small if compared to the shadows of the houses) i don't get the feel that it's a suspended rocky spur, wich appear from the side view.
    Also (but maybe it's intentional) a little variety in the tunnels would be more realistic
    Pedantic MODE OFF

No, really it very nice! Surely better than anything i could ever draw

I hear you about the town maps wearing you down, it's well worth the effort though, this is gorgeous. Big fan of the side view, should give GM's a lot of material to work with, that subterranean isn't small!

Always enjoy seeing your work, Voolf.

IR

I love it. I appreciate how it is simultaneously detailed and not cluttered.

Nicely done, Voolf
    City maps are beasts, no doubt.
    The bigger they get, the worse the struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Michi il Disperso View Post
    Wow! That really nice!

Pedantic MODE ON:
    If i really have to say something, i could argue that from the waves that seems to clash on the rocks and the shadow of the rock itself (too small if compared to the shadows of the houses) i don't get the feel that it's a suspended rocky spur, wich appear from the side view.
    Also (but maybe it's intentional) a little variety in the tunnels would be more realistic
    Pedantic MODE OFF

No, really it very nice! Surely better than anything i could ever draw
    Thank you very much for the comment and some good notes on the shadows and waves. I agree. Those were some of the last things i did and i tend to rush the last thing on the map.
    With this one i was particulary in hurry because of a commission pending.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I hear you about the town maps wearing you down, it's well worth the effort though, this is gorgeous. Big fan of the side view, should give GM's a lot of material to work with, that subterranean isn't small!

Always enjoy seeing your work, Voolf.

IR
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey L LeMoine View Post
    I love it. I appreciate how it is simultaneously detailed and not cluttered.
    I sometimes put too much details on a relatively small map, so it's nice to read that this time i could avoid that Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Nicely done, Voolf
    City maps are beasts, no doubt.
    The bigger they get, the worse the struggle.
    Thank you very much John. Appreciate a nice comment from a master cartographer like you.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Once again, it's a solid city map !

You always manage to keep things clean and readable between the various districts, and I know the huge amount of work behind such a task...

The side view is a very welcome touch too as it gives a better sense of the rock's shape.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Once again, it's a solid city map !

You always manage to keep things clean and readable between the various districts, and I know the huge amount of work behind such a task...

The side view is a very welcome touch too as it gives a better sense of the rock's shape.
    Thank you very much Marc!
    New Horizons

Support:

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

wow ! what a great job !!!
    A very original city, on its rocky peak... and the drawing of the city seen from the side is a great asset for the whole illustration. Very good ideas, reinforced by your talent as a drawer: choice of colors, line, composition, light... as usual, I like everything! And a special mention for the paper facsimile! Very successful!

Very cool city map , I must try ro do a city map too one day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast