Thread: Hi from Portland

Default Hi from Portland

Hello all!

My screen name shows one of my loves. In public spaces I usually go by Theia or my sn.

I've been playing RPG's for 23 years now, starting with Rifts and AD&D (just before 3.0 dropped). I'm big into computer games and tabletop games of all stripes.

I started drawing some world maps a few years ago when I started to create a new world for my Hackmaster campaign (kenzerco.com if you're curious, it's a fantastic game). I made quite a few newb mistakes, as one might imagine, but my maps were said to be beautiful. I've been experimenting with some different styles lately, and working on larger hand drawn maps as well as some bit of work on CC3+ (though in the five years I've owned it I've never really put in the time to really learn to make quality maps on the thing).

My latest experiment has been metallic markers and colored pencils on black paper to represent ancient dwarven maps. It's worked quite nicely so far.

Welcome to the guild! It seems you already made plenty of experience with mapping, so maybe you wantr to show us some examples around here? I hope you have a great start within our comunity, which I was very nice and helpful to me at my start.