World map vs Regional map: I would merge them or give the regional map a more specific definition.

I always considered the difference between world map and regional map to be artificial.
For example, if the world only has one continent and is shown covering most of the planet, it is a world map (especially if specified in the title).
But if the same continent is on a rectangular frame with no clear world boundaries, it is probably just a continent.

The biggest difference is the scope but both maps are visually very similar since they display the same elements in the same fashion.
World maps show more land but are less detailed which in turn makes the land appear smaller but the result give something very similar.

I would say that for me an actual regional map would be a map with a larger scale (objects appear larger) such as a map showing a city and the surrounding countryside. Maybe a hundred kilometres wide, or the size of a small country. Focusing on the smaller things that small scale map cannot show, yet not displaying every tree/building like a city map does. Something in between like this map of Kingdom Comes Deliverance
The only issue is that this kind of map is not the most common and just like your space maps, there aren't enough to justify a separate category.