Best way to think of the large to small scale of maps is to think of how big an object would be represented on the map, in a large scale map a house would be very big, in a small scale map a house would be very small.

@Naima

That seems like too many categories to me. I seriously doubt we'd want more than 8, and even that seems slightly high, maybe more like 5 would be an ideal number. What I meant was hand drawn style (again a majority of maps here, so maybe it's not a worth while categorization anyways).

In regard to your main categories, but to me world continent and region are all kind of the same thing, they generally all use the same styles and iconography. And "space" seems out of place. Creative is such a nebulous term it might as well just be "Best Overall Map" or "Your personal Favourite Map". Which perhaps should be a category and be chosen from the entire field of maps nominated from the other categories.

So let me counter suggest:
Tiny Scale (from world to space to planar etc.)
Small Scale (continental, regional, to country)
Large scale (city-ish)
Structural scale (basically when you are drawing the insides of something, so dungeons to ship[s to buildings to encounter maps)
and Overall Favourite

And I guess leave out style all together. Few problems: Very unlikely that B+W or monochrome maps would win. Very unlikely that a non fantasy map would win. Very unlike that a non hand drawn style map would win.