Thread: Region of Green Sheath

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor

Help Region of Green Sheath

Hello!

I am currently in the midst of trying out a new style a bit out of my comfort zone - drawing a map in Photoshop with my Wacom.
    I usually like to make shapes and throw filters/patterns on them for my maps, but i really wanted to go back to 'drawing' for this current map I am working on.

I am looking for critiques/advice, especially on the forest. I feel like they look too 'bubbly'.
    I have a hard time drawing a straight line, which may be part of why I opted for circles/round shapes, but 'pine tree' looking forests just did not look right, and this is the best I have got so far.

Of course, any critiques in general are welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koroCDM_map.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	404.6 KB 
ID:	124245

Hi! Nice map! I never tried drawing with a wacom or any graphic tablet, so no advice on that!
    I think forest looks good! Maybe you could shrink the edge of the forest a bit and make the forest more irregular, but that's just my two cents!

Great idea, i will try that out! Thank you!

It's really nice, morgan!

I think the forest looks "bubbly" because you drew the "bottom" of the trees in the middle as well, if you know what I mean. The perspective wouldn't show that — you'd see only the top lineart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Müller View Post
    It's really nice, morgan!

I think the forest looks "bubbly" because you drew the "bottom" of the trees in the middle as well, if you know what I mean. The perspective wouldn't show that — you'd see only the top lineart.
    Ah yes, i totally see it now - thank you for pointing that out! I'm redoing the trees now and i think they are coming out much better know that fact. simple and effective, thanks again!

This is my current update. I think I will call it finished for now, but this one sure did help me get some techniques down for future maps

I would love any critiques regardless.
    Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	korocDM_map_r1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	554.9 KB 
ID:	124299

Ahh! Good Job! Forest looks great now! Very nice! Only comment: the sea seems made of clouds XD but maybe it's intentional...

Wait, is that really a giant sword towering over the mountains? Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Michi il Disperso View Post
    Ahh! Good Job! Forest looks great now! Very nice! Only comment: the sea seems made of clouds XD but maybe it's intentional...
    Awesome, thank you for your feedback! And yes - that is a Sea of Clouds XD Its a floating piece of land where people mainly travel by land or air (hence the air port!)
    I am glad it comes across that way, i was very iffy on if it looked like Clouds at all hahaha - Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Wait, is that really a giant sword towering over the mountains? Yikes!
    Yeah! A relic left over by the gods who shaped the mountains XD yikes indeed, imagine the shadow that thing must cast! ^_^