Thread: July/Aug '20 Lite Challenge: Rogue Cartographer

Default July/Aug '20 Lite Challenge: Rogue Cartographer

At first, I was not going to participate this month.

But then I had an idea to use the shape to make a burned out middle of a paper... and it turned into this weird spy murder 'stage'. I don't feel like it's really finished, more of a conceptional start... the top right is especially vacant to me. And I'm not quite sure it's "map" enough, since the only "map" is a burned away sketch on the parchment. Which really is just a sketch on the parchment... trying to figure out how to best place the mission brief to be tantalizingly incomplete. Maybe I'll have a map sitting on the table in the corner, what do you think?

TRIGGER WARNING - ARTISTIC BLOOD / VIOLENCE

(space to escape if it would be upsetting for you personally to see violent art, if not, it's down below the spaces!)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gone rogue.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	124261

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Cool Concept!!
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!!

Hey Tiana! Just wanted to give you a digital high-five for going outside the box on this challenge. I'm a fan of that kind of approach too, so it's always cool to see other folks of that same persuasion.
    As far as what to do next, I'm afraid I don't have any ideas for you. If I think of something, I'll drop you another message. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

(P.S. I checked out your website too. You're VERY talented! Keep on rocking it!)

Bogie, thank you for your welcome!

MixerBach, your take is also lovely and unique. Glad to see someone else took this challenge in a weird way. Woo outside of the box thinkerrrrs. Thanks for checking out my art! I have a ton of it! I don't post a lot of it over here (I don't tend to get much response) but while I would say I'm less talented and more just practised, I agree some of it rocks! I'm very hard on myself so if I think my art's okay, it's probably all right.

So, I ended up cluttering up the table with a few more items, all of which were photographed by me, and made the map into a separate thing, turned the burning paper into a printed sheet instead of the hand written... though I still like the hand written / hand drawn map on there... I dunno, I just don't have the time to mess with this as much as I'd like. I did keep the OG map as a scrap on the table. For those who might be wondering... that's a picture of me. And also a cookie I just ate today. (shrugs) I have no idea if adding the cookie is a mistake but WELP IT'S IN THERE NOW.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gone rogue2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	124379

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

You can never go wrong by making it personal!