After being part of the community for about 8 months now, I thought it might be nice to post my finished maps, which mostly were produced for challenges and therefore have only been posted within these sections. So this is the first one, but some threads with the others will follow.

Toralium was my first challenge entry ever and it was produced shortly after I resigned at the forum for “Nov '19/Jan '20 Lite Challenge: Map a City”. It was made with Photoshop 9 by reworking my hand drawn sketch. All used textures and fonts were available as free for private and commercial use or came with Photoshop itself.

The WIP thread can be found here.

Toralium is settled at a crossing of elven, merfolk, human and dwarven empires, represented by their main topography of forest, sea, plains and mountains. While these four different geographic circumstances are more than obvious outside the city, there is no separation inside Toralium. The city was founded as a trade post and neutral place, where all races could live in peace together. During time, the city got rich by using all given resources from dwarven mines, agriculture, hunting and fishing. Toralium’s wealth has led to the construction of a great main temple, settled on the rock in the middle of the city. Also major public building like theatre, gymnasium and amphitheatre were build during many years of wealth. In the city’s northwest, separated by the Daryon river, the town hall is located. Just south, near the bridge and the western city gate one can find a garrison which holds the city guard. Along the northern road, just outside the city walls, a necropolis has formed. The combination of many different grave constructions represents not only their building over a long period of time, but also the coexistence of many different cultural influences of Toralium’s inhabitants.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toralium_final.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	7.27 MB 
ID:	124279