Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Isles of Soquakask

Well, since most people that posted agreed that the desaturated look is better, I've gone with that, and I hacked away at the layer mask to expose some subtle highlights. It's just a simple Hue / Saturation adjustment layer on top, so it's pretty simple to revert back to the bright look in any case.

I added some cities, roads and sea lanes as well as a border and compass rose. I am starting to run out of ideas at this point, and am getting pretty close to calling it done I guess, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions before I close the book on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 002 - The Isles of Soquakask_b.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	11451  
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks great...really does. All you need is a scale of miles (or meters or feet or whatever).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quite simply, very beautiful looking!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

With more names added, and a scale of miles, I am thinking this one is done! I know I could name more parts of it, rivers and mountains and coastlines and the likes, but sticking text on it seems almost heretical right now, and I'll try and get the hang of it with my next map instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 002 - The Isles of Soquakask_c.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	11534  
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I hear ya...I hate to over-label as well. I take the artsy side over the informative side and this is a nice piece of artwork. In future maps you could try a smaller font and squeeze in a wee bit more of the labels tho without ruining the art. Well done.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wow. Looking great.

I am going to steel your road idea. I dislike roads that look like brown rivers

Very pretty piece of artwork! I like the way the colors blend together (and the desaturated version is my choice, too!), and the ocean is just plain delicious.
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

I love the map. Very beautiful!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Turned out to be really awesome. Have some rep!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast