Thread: Greetings from Canada!

Default Greetings from Canada!

Good morning/day/evening/night everyone! I'm Val from Canada, and I have an avid interest in improving my cartography skills. I mainly use Clip Studio PAINT to make custom maps and draw other things. I've been using StarRaven's Sketchy Cartography Brushes on deviantART as a crutch while I'm getting the hang of Clip Studio, and I'm starting to make my own cartography brush packs for the program, slowly but surely!

My other skills and passions involve a lot of traditional art, miniature ttrpg prop making, painting, sewing and writing. I mainly play D&D 5e, but I have an interest in Starfinder too.

Here is a crappy low-res jpg of my continent, Medeiros. I'm still not sure what the exact file size limits are here (is it different for pngs?) but alas you can gaze upon my archipelago in all its pixelated glory!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medeiros_jpg.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	6.60 MB 
ID:	124370

Welcome, always good to have another Canadian on board.
    Beautiful map! Great use of the brushes.

Best thing I would say you can do for your maps: get a drawing tablet. Doesn't need to be too expensive, I've been using the same wacom bamboo for years and years.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Another Canadian and another Clip Studio Paint enthusiast... what are the odds. Welcome. It's a real powerful brush making engine though. You still might want Photoshop or similar for text... Clip Studio is not good for non-comic text. It is incredible if you're lettering a page to have it work in the way it does (since you can pair text with bubbles), but dreadful for map making.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

There is a post with the file sizes listed, but I couldn't find it. I think for jpg's and png's its around 8mb. Though it was upgraded so I'm not too sure, may even be as high as 15 mb.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the Guild! Glad you decided to join us ��

- Josh