Thread: First Attempt - Original Work

Map First Attempt - Original Work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	124434

Hello, everyone.

I've just joined the Cartographers' Guild and thought I'd share my first proper attempt at a map. My plan is that the book this was drawn in will be a journal of a fictional character living in the world - it is entirely original, not based on any existing work.

I hope you like it. There are a few little bits and pieces that should be a little better, but I am quite pleased with it... and I hope you all are too.

Cheers

Densiva

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map! I like the detail in the map but also the idea for it to be a journal for the character. It is a good way to slowly develop a world.

That's fantastic! Your shading and textural details are excellent. I second the opinion that the journal is a great approach to incremental worldbuilding; it allows you as the creator of the world to still experience a bit of the feeling of exploration.

Excellent work! I love the perspective. ^^
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Oh wow... wonderful!

This looks great. I love the style. You should check out this thread if you want rivers that behave realistically https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ead.php?t=3822
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

A very good start with a lot of good things ! Clean, readable, well thought and with adorable illustrations. No doubt you're having a great start in map making !

Very nice, keep up

Default Nice Terrain Detail

Good job! I like that you get a feel for the terrain from your map. Keep up the good work.

Wow, everyone. Thank you for all the great feedback. I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast