Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Land of Istoria

Default The Land of Istoria

Hey dear fellows !

After a busy summer, I'm glad to find back my desk in the great library and to share some maps I have in my pockets. New scrolls for our library, hoping you'll love them !

This one was a real delight to work on, drawn for the super cool Hero's Journal and showing the different steps you pass through while fighting to reach your goal, from the modest village where everything starts to the last Castle where you'll find your final payoff, going through deserts, high peaks and darkest caves.

Usual things-to-say :
    - 8x11 inches,
    - Hand drawn in Photoshop CC2020 using a Wacom Cintiq pro 16,
    - Commission for The Hero's Journal,
    - More about it here,
    - Available prints here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LandOfIstoria_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	938.6 KB 
ID:	124867

Hope you'll enjoy ! ^^

Very nice map but putting a castle that close to a chasm seems like asking for trouble!

There's a softness to the colours here that I'm not so used to seeing from you - very nice. The lineart is of course yet again out of this world. Glad to see you're still around! ^^
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

My favorite part is the Beee peeking out from under the page curl
    And then those sumptuous curls of the banner. Nods.
    Always a pleasure to see new work from you.

This has a Final Fantasy vibe going on, and I'm on board. So many delicate details, love the spiderweb accent above the Wildwood. Very fond of the cliff work and delicate color scheme, this piece is over all fantastic, stellar work, Misty!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Yet another amazing map! I love the details with the, well, everything! I think the trees in particular (and the caves) are my favorite here though. They came out superbly. I must agree though that that castle is a bit close to the chasm!

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Very nice map but putting a castle that close to a chasm seems like asking for trouble!
    Haha, yep, I was totally unable to stop my mind imagining the worst scenarii while drawing it, but as far as I know, the castle being there is one of the key-points of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    There's a softness to the colours here that I'm not so used to seeing from you - very nice. The lineart is of course yet again out of this world. Glad to see you're still around! ^^
    As often I'm easily bored when I stuck with a specific style, so I'm always pleased to explore new color schemes ^^
    The challenge here was to keep the various biomes well separed but still harmonious, without one distracting too much the attention from the others

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    My favorite part is the Beee peeking out from under the page curl
    And then those sumptuous curls of the banner. Nods.
    Always a pleasure to see new work from you.
    Haha, the beee is a challenge by itself on every map : I always, always, always forget it until the very last moment, and then have to be creative to find a spot for it
    Scrolls are fun to make, but you know that as well as I do

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    This has a Final Fantasy vibe going on, and I'm on board. So many delicate details, love the spiderweb accent above the Wildwood. Very fond of the cliff work and delicate color scheme, this piece is over all fantastic, stellar work, Misty!
    Thanks so much, Adfor ! It sounds cliffs are something recurrent in my commissions those last years. They used to be one of my weak points, but I now kinda enjoy drawing them ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Yet another amazing map! I love the details with the, well, everything! I think the trees in particular (and the caves) are my favorite here though. They came out superbly. I must agree though that that castle is a bit close to the chasm!
    Hehe, yep, only adventurous people visit this castle, to be honest, and building it there was probably not the wisest decision ever ^^
    Glad you love the caves : they're an important part of this map !

Very cool indeed, and though I myself am not a huge fan of the classic "hero's journey", this graphic representation of it is just awesome.

My (ongoing) Novel set in Arabia in Antiquity

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

Beautiful map. Delightful to follow the path!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Very cool indeed, and though I myself am not a huge fan of the classic "hero's journey", this graphic representation of it is just awesome.
    Hehe, thanks Kilo ! Glad if I can convert a non-fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Beautiful map. Delightful to follow the path!
    Thanks Bogie !! Take a scarf for the Peaks ! ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast