Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September 2020 Challenge: Bureaucracy Tower

Oooh. The info in the GUI is indeed looking quite cool! And I much prefer the new altered mini-map on the top-left. Looking forward to seeing what details make their way into the other free boxes of the GUI still open.

My (ongoing) Novel set in Arabia in Antiquity

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

This is very well done, and a great fit for the challenge.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks, all of you. Doing all this GUI stuff is fun, but tedious.

After the DMV jokes, I decided to list the DMV among the Civic Offices. I actually am at a loss as to what to put in to the last three boxes... So I am open to suggestion. I might just fill them with more gauges and random "technical" junk.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perspective Map WIP 7.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	125201

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

It is shaping up better and better each time. I can totally follow your issue with finding what to put in those leftover boxes though. To help out, I've been thinking of different possibilities, and have managed to come up with a few suggestions. From top to bottom, I thought these things might be fun to include:

- To my mind, a rather straightforward "technical junk" thing to add would be a set of info about data traffic. I could imagine you have a breakdown of "Max packet transfer rate" and "Average packet transfer rate", and a (circle?) graph showing ratios of "Civilian Traffic" versus "Military Trafffic" versus "Government Traffic".
    - To get another joke at the DMV's expense, I think you could super effectively use the next box to add something like "DMV service requests today: ##", then "Requests Processed today: ##" (with the second number being laughably lower than the first one ), "Requests pending from today: ##", "Pending requests this quarter: ##", and then finally in larger lettering a "Now serving Valued Citizen ###". I think that sequence of things could be riotously funny to some people. Feel free to use any and all of those things word for word if they strike your fancy.
    - One thing I think could be funny, and also show the mundaneness of any government building (even one with gunships and turrets), would be to add a cafeteria menu into one of the boxes. The bottom left one seems most appropriate to me for that purpose. You could either do the specials for each weekday, or do a full menu breakdown for "today".

So those are just some ideas, and in my head it seemed like those might flow nicely from top to bottom on the right side. I hope at least some of the ideas prove of use

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

Thanks for the ideas, Kilo. I integrated them in... and you in, too as the Valued Citizen (I can easily change it if you wish.)

Any last suggestions before I call it 'finished'?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bureaucracy Tower.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.62 MB 
ID:	125227

I absolutely love this final product! And your implementation of the suggestions I gave is far sharper than anything I even had in mind. In particular, the look of a scrolling info bar you've accomplished in the bottom right is super cool, and adds such a nice layer of levity to this otherwise fairly brutalist perspective map. Honestly, not a single critique or suggestion from me on this. You have nailed it 100%!!!

As regards the addition of my tag as a "Valued Citizen", I am honored and just love it!

Thank you for all your help and support! I owe those last three boxes largely to you.

See you at the polls! May the best cartographer win, as they say.

Ooh, very cool idea for this challenge. And kudos for drawing two viewpoints for the tower. All in all this turned out beautifully.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12