Thread: Sept/Oct '20 Lite Challenge: Map Something in a Swamp

Default Sept/Oct '20 Lite Challenge: Map Something in a Swamp

Sept/Oct '20 Lite Challenge: Map Something in a Swamp

Recently someone commented we have a Map Challenge suggestions thread that does not get used often enough. I certainly am guilty of that. So, this month I am using XCali's great suggestion:

This month's Challenge is to Map something that is situated in a Swamp, Marsh or Bog. You can make a battle-map with several nice fighting areas. You can have a little larger encounter map that reveals several places that can be explored. You can map a swampy settlement. Or an overview map with many places to visit in the Marsh marked down. Imagine some swamp monsters lurking in old Ruins to lure curious adventurers.
    This one has a lot of possibilities! So, be creative and bring surprises!

Win a silver compass, everyone should have one.

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of October, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "Sept/Oct '20 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

DEADLINE: End of day, October 14th

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

Believe it or not, but I was listening to one of my "Best of Lynyrd Skynyrd" collections and Swamp Music started to play just as I was reading this. Clearly it is a sign that I must try to do something for this challenge.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    I was listening to one of my "Best of Lynyrd Skynyrd" collections and Swamp Music started to play...
    LOL!! Yes! Definitely, a sign, I'd say! And bonus points if you figure out a way to include a Skynyrd reference on your map!

Great suggestion, as usual, Herr Bogermeister. Not sure what I'll do yet, but I'll try to figure out something! :-D

Thanks MB, credit for this one goes to XCali though.

Hope you have a chance to come up with something swampy!

Sounds like it's time to map a castle with huuuuge tracts of land!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Ah man! I do want to get in on this. Though, I have yet to choose what type of marshy map to do. Mushroom Marsh maybe? What do you think?

Tx bogie for choosing it, I really am highly curious to what maps would come out of this one. Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by XCali; 09-20-2020 at 04:09 PM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Sounds like it's time to map a castle with huuuuge tracts of land!
    You would have to map three of them where the first two had sunk into it...

OK, we have some really nice maps here on the Lite Challenge.

Fair Warning...The contest ends & voting begins in about 24 hours!! Time to finish your maps!!