I just really like making maps, that's basically it. I don't plan on making it a professional thing, or anything like that- if anything, I'd like to just expand on my critical thinking for maps. Found this website because someone mentioned it in a Reddit post, and ran over here, stat.

One of the things I look forward to the most is learning more about Geography, specifically- like the idea that deserts may form in by mountains, because mountains block the rain, or what biomes go where and how one might indicate a biome is what it is. I know it's not TOTALLY necessary to be so exact when making a fantasy map, but it's like learning a musical instrument- you learn the rules, so you can more effectively break them.

I have a serious love of cartography. I do hand drawn, but I also use Wonderdraft, Hexmapmaker, Inkarnet, and I got this super cool software recently from Humble Bundle that I am completely blanking on the name of at the moment, it's installed on a different computer so I'm totally brain farting on it, but I have it and I absolutely love the way it looks, I just still need to learn how to use it. It's a bit different than what I'm used to, but I did some noodling around in the software.

Part of me just loves making maps because I love telling stories. I have a few maps I've made for some novels I'm working on, and I've played around with making interactive text-based-style games with maps as the "game".

I'll do my best to learn the ins and outs of the forum, so please forgive me if I accidentally step on any toes! Also I'm working out my albums on my profile, so don't mind the mess if you happen to take a look, still getting used to the website.