Thread: Finished Map of a Bandit Camp

Map Finished Map of a Bandit Camp

I made this in Inkarnate today, I'm not sure how I feel about it, I had something in mind and I think part way through that wasn't coming through quite right lmao. I will say, unexpectedly, that the hardest thing to create on this map was the border, mostly because of the layers. My lord, they fought me. Trying to get all of the layers to work together almost made me punch a wall, LOL.

I was trying to go for a Robin Hood sort of feel to the camp, like a lived in feel. Even though the homes are temporary as tents, I felt like they'd be willing to spend enough time to build buildings for the important things, like a bar or a building for supplies, or a building to house the treasure that could be easily guarded. I think if I had thought of it, I might have made a cave for the treasure instead.

Still figuring out Inkarnate, I know a lot of folks also take the maps into like Photoshop and noodle around there, I just haven't tried it yet!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlaw Camp.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	125157

nice map Darkovika

Nice! A map like this doesn't need noodling around unless you want to add light mottling coming through branches and some shadows. Works just fine to stamp up a quick battlemap without blending it later. Note you don't need PHOTOSHOP specifically... any raster editor will do.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    nice map Darkovika
    Thank you very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Nice! A map like this doesn't need noodling around unless you want to add light mottling coming through branches and some shadows. Works just fine to stamp up a quick battlemap without blending it later. Note you don't need PHOTOSHOP specifically... any raster editor will do.
    That's a good idea! I always forget about the light rays, things that sort of give it a very golden feel. I'll have to give that a go, just for fun!

Praise Wow.

I like that you are able to convey the somewhat 'simple' lifestyle of bandits whilst adding some sophistry with the bar and (looks like) booty store.

Nice work.

Nice work, you could slap a grid/hex over it and use it as a battlemap in a heartbeat.

I think the only thing I would personally do might have been to just go for the plain black double line border (although that might be me being lazy).