Hello, fellow cartographers!

Here is a new map in a series that details particular places in Nossym's world (in which stories written by my wife are set).

This is the third in the series, after Cluses and the Twin Cities of Maredale.

Marraic is the capital of the Elves, an reclusive race. Very few of them travel to other continents and even fewer settle anywhere else but this island. Marraic is both the name of the main city (the only one that is somewhat open to foreigners for trade) and that of the whole island. It is a name which is a phonetic translation of the elf name of the town, a name given by the first visitors of other races who "discovered" the place. By extension, they named the whole island after the capital.

The island is home to mountains, high plateaus, an immense forest, lakes and several glaciers. Each region is home to elven tribes who have adapted to their environment over the years. This is the rare information that has reached the peoples of the other races that populate Nossym, as the continent is largely off-limits to non-elves and remains very mysterious. Very few people have been able to visit part of it and even fewer have returned to talk about it.

From the very first sketches of Nossym's world, this island stood out from the rest and seemed quite suitable to welcome a race which is not very widespread in the world, that of the Elves. When I drew the first regional map of Nossym, a piece of Marraic was part of it and I made a small sketch of a town built on a promontory at the mouth of a river. A city divided by a series of walls and ditches, a bit like Minas Tirith, but without the mountain. This little sketch seduced me and I always told myself that I would try one day to draw the city more precisely. Today I have done so (7-8 years later...).

The map was mainly drawn on Ipad Pro (Procreate), but the labels and composition were done on PS CC 2019.

Feel free to comment and criticize

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marraic Guilde.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	9.59 MB 
ID:	125004