Thread: ***October 2020 Challenge - This is Halloween***

Default ***October 2020 Challenge - This is Halloween***

Boys and girls of every age
    Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
    Come with us and you will see
    This, our town of Halloween.

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
    Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.
    This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
    Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright

Its our town, everybody scream, in this town of Halloween.

-Lyrics from "This is Halloween" (song from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas)

In honor of the holiday season, this month's challenge is to create a Halloween themed map. The exact type of map is up to you. Been itching to map a haunted manor? Now's your chance. Considering mapping the lair of one of the elder gods? Today's your lucky day. Or perhaps the lyrics might inspire someone to map Halloween Town. Just so long as the map is spooky and/or otherwise in keeping with the theme feel free to let your imagination run free on this one.

The challenge ends sometime at or around midnight of All Hallows Eve. And as always:

1) Title your thread: October 2020 Challenge: <<your title would go here>>
    2) Use the ### Latest WIP ### tag before EVERY work-in-progress image you post so that the image will show up in the thumbnails;
    3) Only submit maps begun on or after today (October 4th), maps started earlier than this are ineligible for the contest.

Funsies! I just ordered a sheaf of isometric graph paper a couple weeks ago so that I could start playing around with mapping buildings. Guess it is time to get cracking on that project

My (ongoing) Novel set in Arabia in Antiquity

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

Hmmm, I wonder what to do for this one? A haunted mansion is always a classic.

Escape from Candy Corn Mountain?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

I know I wouldn't have much time to start a map in this challenge, but I feel there is a region of my Thunder Rock City I want to map in detail. The Grave Tree Catacombs. One thing though, it is literally the name of the area, but I'm not going to actually map the underground section of it for this. Is that then fitting then, if I still name it thus?

EDIT: I think I'll start it anyway, and think about the smaller details later.
    Last edited by XCali; 10-19-2020 at 05:22 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

I'm in. Yes, a nice quiet pumpkin patch, where I'm sure nobody will die or go insane.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I'm in. Yes, a nice quiet pumpkin patch, where I'm sure nobody will die or go insane.
    Or so it seems... There is a saying in Afrikaans, 'Stille waters, dieppe grond, onder draai die duiwels rond' which means that every looks fine on the surface but underneath is pandemonium.
    View my website and Instagram

Happy Halloween everyone! Just a reminder that all entries must be completed by this evening. I'll lock up threads sometime after 11pm PST.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh