Thread: Introduction

Post Introduction

Greetings

I am new here. I am over 20 years out, but I have been a Dungeons and Dragons player in the past and my goal since I was 16 was to make a complete map of my little world to create stories. I won't get into the circumstances of why I am so far lost, but I will tell you that all that lost time, I haven't been able to get this stuff out of my head.

Welcome to the guild. Look around. There are so many tutorials that help you getting started and a great community willing to help.

Thanks. I'm still getting to know the site. So far I feel like a kid in a candy store. There's so much here.

Circumstances are only part of the whole story. It's hard to make a good map, or at least time consuming, and you're only in your twenties. Don't stress, everyone's starting maps are trash, and it's only with practice you'll eventually get to that level you imagined in your head. Which you will, if you practice. Draw often and fiercely. There's a ton of info here to help, and assets as well. Welcome.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I think you misunderstood my wording... I'm not 20 years old, I'm 48 lol. I started the mapmaking of my world when I was 16. I have recently started getting back into this mainly because I constantly cant help thinking about how I miss my world. I have been out of things for 20 years. I'm sorry for the confusion.