Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sundown Commission

Map Sundown Commission

Here is a map I recently completed for Grasswatch Games, a startup RPG company that has just launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a first print run of the game. The company reached their $5,000 funding goal just a few days into the campaign and are still going strong. The game is set at the site of a massive ancient meteor impact in a temperate coastal region. The creators describe the setting as:

"...a low tech science-fantasy set in a transhumanist frontier, think Cyberpunk goes west marches."

The game focuses on themes of social status and identity. Colonialism, isolation, body augmentation, gender fluidity and social hierarchy tend to be key elements within the game. The system is rules lite, utilizing a simple 1d6 conflict resolution mechanic intended to foster a role-playing experience more focused on storytelling than on mechanics.

There was a lot of back and forth between me and my clients regarding the layout of the cities. The team provided me with a pretty detailed brief outlining the size, demographics, personality and cultural influences of each of the settlements. My clients were particularly keen to show off the architecture of each of these places, so I decided to incorporate insert illustrations to zoom in on some of these features.

Anyway, it was a fun project and my clients were wonderful to work with. I'd encourage anyone interested in the themes mentioned to head on over to their Kickstarter page and have look at the project.

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sundown Small Preview.png 
Views:	1385 
Size:	6.64 MB 
ID:	114897  
    Last edited by arsheesh; 04-15-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Wowwwww this is a STUNNER! I love the city close-ups around the border, and the color scheme is very easy on the eyes. The crater impact is so well integrated. Very clean and beautifully done. Bravo!

Insanely well done, Arsheesh, the perspective is flawless, and the details are immaculate. You should be very proud of this one!

This is amazing! The colors and detail here are incredible!

Sometimes, as you make us desire your wonders for long period of times (), I forget how good you are. Then, you post something like this and I hate you a little bit (but I love you more) for it because I'll have to study, gaze at, lose myself into (pick whichever you fancy) your marvel for long periods of time and time is a scarce currency

I can even say you stepped up your game Tad and it's not small praise when it comes to your art ! Well done buddy

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Ach!!! I can't rep you again so soon...

But, this is really super worthy of rep. You knocked it out of the park, well done. To say this map is inspiring is almost understatement. You are an awesome cartographer.

Congrats on the commission by the way

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Damn, we have a masterpiece here ! What an incredible, what an epic view !! Absolutely amazing.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What can I say? I love this style and this mapis really typical of the genre. In addition, there are some very good ideas, very well realized, like these raised paths. The thumbnails are perfect and there is a very nice atmosphere. I would really like to be able to draw a map like this! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
    Wowwwww this is a STUNNER! I love the city close-ups around the border, and the color scheme is very easy on the eyes. The crater impact is so well integrated. Very clean and beautifully done. Bravo!
    Thank you so much LizardInk, the crater was a challenge but I'm happy with the way it tuned out. Glad you enjoy it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Insanely well done, Arsheesh, the perspective is flawless, and the details are immaculate. You should be very proud of this one!
    Thank you Adfor, I worked hard on this one and I am happy with the way it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This is amazing! The colors and detail here are incredible!
    Thank you so much Domino44!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Fantastic!!
    Thank you Sapiento!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Sometimes, as you make us desire your wonders for long period of times (), I forget how good you are. Then, you post something like this and I hate you a little bit (but I love you more) for it because I'll have to study, gaze at, lose myself into (pick whichever you fancy) your marvel for long periods of time and time is a scarce currency

I can even say you stepped up your game Tad and it's not small praise when it comes to your art ! Well done buddy
    Wow, I don't know what to say Thomas, I think that may be the highest praise anyone has ever given me. I'm honored you think so highly of my work. I did put a lot of extra effort into this piece and feel that currently it is representative of my best work. I'm very pleased to here that you agree. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Ach!!! I can't rep you again so soon...

But, this is really super worthy of rep. You knocked it out of the park, well done. To say this map is inspiring is almost understatement. You are an awesome cartographer.

Congrats on the commission by the way
    Wow, thanks so much XCali!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Damn, we have a masterpiece here ! What an incredible, what an epic view !! Absolutely amazing.
    Coming from you that's incredibly high praise, I think about everything you've done is in my inspiration folder. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What can I say? I love this style and this map is really typical of the genre. In addition, there are some very good ideas, very well realized, like these raised paths. The thumbnails are perfect and there is a very nice atmosphere. I would really like to be able to draw a map like this! Congratulations!
    Thank you so much Jo.

Ladies and gents, I'm really humbled by all of your comments. I worked hard on this piece and I am proud of the result, but I am genuinely surprised at some of the things said about it, by people whose work I very much admire. Thank you all very much.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast