Thread: The Raven Tower - location map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map The Raven Tower - location map

This started with mountains drawn during a lengthy skype call. Almost all the elements were then drawn - during family TV - with pencil on rough paper, then scanned and colorized with Photoshop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shnaki.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	125670

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Absolutely beautiful! I love the shades of green you have used and the contrast between the sharp building lines and the smoother nature ones. Absolutely great!

The overall aesthetic is extremely appealing. I hope you develop a more directed piece of work using these techniques.

I understand that this is more of a stream of consciousness piece of work, so this next part isn't really a critique but more of something to be aware of: I do find the conflicting scales of the various things kind of jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! I love the shades of green you have used and the contrast between the sharp building lines and the smoother nature ones. Absolutely great!
    You're too kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    The overall aesthetic is extremely appealing. I hope you develop a more directed piece of work using these techniques.

I understand that this is more of a stream of consciousness piece of work, so this next part isn't really a critique but more of something to be aware of: I do find the conflicting scales of the various things kind of jarring.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Yes, this is a bit of a Frankenstein thing. Personally I am a bit drawn between the idea of having more iconized items and off scale elements and doing things that have a more 'realistic' feel to them. It's fun to experiment in that space if nothing else! :--)

Very appealing style, and I like the way you've coloured the buildings. I love how three-dimensional they look! The overall colour scheme is a tad too saturated for my personal taste, but that's just my darkness-loving heart.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I love it! And I want to see more. Your trees are excellent and the mountains blend into the landscape really well.