Thread: Qeshtari Empire from above (finished)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Default Qeshtari Empire from above (finished)

Hey folks, here's my third "quicky" to try out a different style, and like the ones before, this one took a pretty enormous amount of time too!

So this map shows the Qeshtari Empire, straddling the equator with arid zones both in the north and south. Names etc are invented on the spot and there's no backstory to it whatsoever, but I hope I managed to get some authentic feeling going nevertheless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BentHorizon (12).jpg 
Views:	1085 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	125441

If you're interested in the WIP, you can find it here. As a wise man used to say: feel free to rate, rep or run away!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

fantastic colours , detail , but that heliocopter and the curve of the map takes it up a notch. Really good map , and very inspiring. ty.

Very nice, I like the concept and the final result. Bravo!

Very good work indeed !

I like the colors you chose, they look nice and natural.

The unusual perspective is also an interesting addition.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Nice, I always enjoy seeing a perspective like this. I like the rich colours this one has.

The only nitpick I have would be the part of the land that reaches over the border. Nothing wrong with that as an idea - but I always think when it comes to design choices like this, you'll want to either really lean into it, or not, if that makes any sense? It looks a tad out of place since it's such a small area and everywhere else the map stays neatly within the border. I'd opt for either having the map spread outside the border in multiple places, to fully make that a thing, or then keep it confined completely.

That is just my opinion, though. As I said, otherwise the map looks great. Will certainly rep if I can.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

A beauty, Caenwyr !!
    I'm in love with your strong lines and vibrant colors here. Good job !

"Quickly," ha, for something quick this is magnificent work! As I said on Twitter, I love how you integrated in the flying machine - it really integrates with the map's perspective.